DOUBLE ACTING IMPACT TRAFFIC DOOR
GENERAL NOTES TO SPECIFIER:
THIS SPECIFICATION SECTION HAS BEEN PREPARED TO ASSIST DESIGN PROFESSIONALS IN THE PREPARATION OF PROJECT OR OFFICE MASTER SPECIFICATIONS. IT FOLLOWS GUIDELINES ESTABLISHED BY THE CONSTRUCTION SPECIFICATIONS INSTITUTE, AND THEREFORE MAY BE USED WITH MOST MASTER SPECIFICATION SYSTEMS WITH MINOR EDITING.
EDIT CAREFULLY TO SUIT PROJECT REQUIREMENTS. MODIFY AS NECESSARY AND DELETE ITEMS THAT ARE NOT APPLICABLE. VERIFY THAT REFERENCED SECTION NUMBERS AND TITLES ARE CORRECT. (NUMBERS AND TITLES REFERENCED ARE BASED ON MASTERFORMAT, 1995 EDITION).
THIS SECTION ASSUMES THE PROJECT MANUAL WILL CONTAIN COMPLETE DIVISION 1 DOCUMENTS INCLUDING SECTIONS 01330–SUBMITTAL PROCEDURES, 01620–PRODUCT OPTIONS, 01630–PRODUCT SUBSTITUTION PROCEDURES, 01660–PRODUCT STORAGE AND HANDLING REQUIREMENTS, 01770–CLOSEOUT PROCEDURES, AND 01780–CLOSEOUT SUBMITTALS. CLOSE COORDINATION WITH DIVISION 1 SECTIONS IS REQUIRED. IF THE PROJECT MANUAL DOES NOT CONTAIN THESE SECTIONS, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SHOULD BE INCLUDED UNDER THE APPROPRIATE ARTICLES.
THIS IS AN OPEN PROPRIETARY SPECIFICATION ALLOWING USERS THE OPTION OF APPROVING OTHER MANUFACTURERS WHICH COMPLY WITH THE CRITERIA SPECIFIED HEREIN.
NOTES TO THE SPECIFIER ARE CONTAINED IN BOXES AND SHOULD BE DELETED FROM FINAL COPY.
OPTIONAL ITEMS REQUIRING SELECTION BY THE SPECIFIER ARE ENCLOSED WITHIN BRACKETS, E.G.:   . MAKE APPROPRIATE SELECTIONS AND DELETE OTHERS.
ITEMS REQUIRING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ARE UNDERLINED BLANK SPACES, E.G.: _____________ .
OPTIONAL PARAGRAPHS ARE SEPARATED BY “OR” WITHIN A BOX, E.G.:
PART 1 GENERAL
A. Section Includes: Double acting, self closing, fully insulated, 1-13/16 inch (46 mm) thick, impact traffic door.
INCLUDE APPROPRIATE SECTION(S) BELOW FOR OPENING FRAMING AND DOOR FRAMES. RECOMMENDED FRAME IS A 6 INCH (152 mm) STEEL CHANNEL WITH A 3/8 INCH (10 mm) WEB (MC6 X 18.0)
B. Related Sections:
INCLUDE APPROPRIATE LANGUAGE BELOW INCLUDING A REFERENCE TO SECTION 01030–ALTERNATES, IF PRODUCTS SPECIFIED IN THIS SECTION ARE SUBJECT TO ANY ALTERNATE BID ITEMS, AND ADD SECTION 01030 TO 1.1 B. OTHERWISE DELETE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH
A. Reference Section 01330–Submittal Procedures; submit the following items:
1. Product Data.
2. Shop Drawings: Show fabrication details and anchorage. Include door elevations, head, jamb and meeting stile details including perimeter air seals.
3. Samples: Full range of manufacturer’s standard color selections for facing material.
4. Quality Assurance/Control Submittals:
a. Manufacturer’s Installation Instructions.
5. Closeout Submittals:
a. Cleaning and Maintenance instructions.
65535.3 QUALITY ASSURANCE
1. Manufacturer Qualifications: Minimum five years experience in producing doors of the type specified.
65535.4 DELIVERY STORAGE AND HANDLING
A. Reference Section 01660–Product Storage and Handling Requirements.
B. Verify doors were shipped in upright position.
1. Note specific doors shipped in other than upright position on bill of lading and contact manufacturer.
C. Store in upright position and follow manufacturer’s instructions printed on carton.
65535.5 PROJECT/SITE CONDITIONS
A. Existing Conditions: Frames installed under other sections shall be level and plumb.
A. One year against defects in materials and workmanship.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Manufacturer: RubbAir Door–Division of Eckel Industries, Inc.;100 Groton Shirley Rd.; Ayer, MA 01432-1050. Telephone: (800) 966-7822, (978) 772-0480. Fax: (978) 772-7114.
INSERT NAME, ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS OF LOCAL DISTRIBUTOR BELOW.
B. Model: StandardÔ.
C. Substitutions: Reference Section 01630–Product Substitution Procedures.
2.2 DOOR COMPONENTS
A. Internal Frame:.
1. Perimeter: 1-1/4 x 1-1/2 inch (32x38 mm) rubber honeycomb extrusions.
2. Reinforcing: 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 inch (38x38 mm) rubber I-beam extrusions.
3. Stile: Kiln-dried hardwood, full height of mount assembly.
B. Core: 1-1/2 inch (38 mm) thick flexible re-bonded polyurethane foam.
C. Facings: [1/8 inch (3 mm) thick high strength vinyl reinforced with woven cloth backing, 1,900 psi (13 MPa) tensile strength, color as selected by Architect.] [2-ply, reinforced rotocured rubber, 2,200 psi (15 MPa) tensile strength.]
1. Cam: “V” cam design; [1-1/2 inch (38 mm) standard rise] [3/4 inch (19 mm) rise], cast Meehanite, minimum 45,000 psi (310 MPa) compressive strength, ASTM B 633 zinc plated.
a. Swing: [90x90] [90x180] [90x135] degree swing.
SINGLE ACTING (90X0 DEGREE SWING) DOORS ARE AVAILABLE. CONTACT RUBBAIR FOR DETAILS AND MODIFY SECTION TITLE AND SUMMARY ARTICLE ACCORDINGLY.
2. Cam Follower: 1-1/8 inch (28 mm) diameter by 5/8 inch (16 mm) wide stud mounted needle bearing roller mounted to cast iron arm; 2,100 lbf (290 Kgm) bearing dynamic capacity.
3. Bottom Bearing: [Standard, extruded aluminum bearing.] [Combination bottom bearing and jamb guard, cast Meehanite, minimum 45,000 psi (310 MPa) compressive strength, ASTM B 633 zinc plated.]
4. Hinge Shaft: 1-5/16 inch (33 mm) diameter full height steel tube, 62,000 psi (430 MPa) tensile strength.
5. Mount Plate: 4-1/2 inch (115 mm) wide by full height of door panel, 12 gauge anodized aluminum.
E. Safety Nosing: Full height, 2-ply, reinforced rotocured rubber, 2,200 psi (15 MPa) tensile strength with 1/16 inch (2 mm) vinyl loop seal (loop seal on one leaf at pairs of doors).
F. Seals: Less than 5 cfm (.002 m³/s) air infiltration per linear foot of seal per ASTM E 283.
1. Jamb and Header: Polymer impregnated woven nylon fabric in hollow-loop configuration. Jamb seal: Factory installed; fixed. Header seal: Field installed; adjustable.
2. Sill: 1/16 inch (2 mm) thick neoprene rubber, factory installed; fixed.
3. Hardware Cutouts: 1/16 inch (2 mm) thick neoprene rubber, factory installed; fixed.
G. Vision Panel:
14 X 16 INCH (355x405 mm) VISION PANEL IS STANDARD; OPTIONS INCLUDE 7-1/2 X 10-1/2 (190x265 mm), 11-1/2 X 15-1/2 (290x380 mm), 16X18 (405x455 mm) AND 24X24 (610x610 mm). SHOW PANEL SIZE AND LOCATION ON DRAWINGS.
1. 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick polycarbonate, double glazed in [hardwood] [rubber] subframe mechanically attached; panels flush with both door faces.
22x14 INCH (560x355 mm) IS STANDARD SIZE FOR “C” FRAME; OPTIONS INCLUDE 22X32 (560x815 mm), AND 22X20 (560x510 mm). SHOW PANEL SIZE AND LOCATION ON DRAWINGS. USE RUBBER SUBFRAME FOR USDA APPLICATIONS.
2. “C” Frame, 1/4 inch (6 mm) thick polycarbonate, single glazed in [hardwood] [rubber] subframe mechanically attached; recessed panel.
PAD TYPE IMPACT PANELS PROVIDE BEST SEAL; WRAP AROUND TYPE COVERS SAFETY NOSING, BUT COMPRESSES LOOP SEAL AND REDUCES SEAL EFFICIENCY. 48 INCH IS STANDARD HIEGHT.
H. Impact Panels: [48 inch (1.22 m)] [12 inch (300 mm)] [24 inch (600 mm)] [36 inch (900 mm)] high, 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick vinyl, [pad type] [wrap around type], color as selected by Architect.
I. Hold Open Pin: 1/4 inch (6 mm) diameter steel pin with wire ring and 8 inch (205 mm) chain for attachment to jamb.
J. Cam Shields: [1/16 inch (2 mm) black rubber flap] [ABS plastic, color to match door facing], field installed.
FOLLOWING ACCESSORIES ARE OPTIONAL. SELECT AS DESIRED AND DELETE OTHERS.
A. Flex Shield: [12 inch (300 mm)] [24 inch (600 mm)] [36 inch (900 mm)] [48 inch (1.22 m)] high, 3/8 inch (10 mm) thick crackcord rubber (pad style only).
B. Wear Strips: 1/4 (6 mm) inch thick high density polyethelene, ____ inches (___ mm) high by full width of panel; black.
DELETE FOLLOWING JAMB GUARDS IF “COMBINATION BOTTOM BEARING AND JAMB GUARDS” WERE SELECTED IN 2.2 D.3.
C. Jamb Guards: 1/4 inch (6 mm) bent steel plate, 3x6x8-3/4 inches (75x150x220 mm).
D. Pressure and Wind Load Accessories:
1. Adjustable Spring Compensator.
2. Compression Spring.
3. Deep seat cam.
FOLLOWING LOCKING DEVICE IS STANDARD FOR PADLOCK (NOT SUPPLIED); CONTACT RUBBAIR FOR OTHER OPTIONS.
E. Locking Device: 1 inch (25 mm) i.d. cast aluminum bushing (2 per leaf) with two 3/16 inch (5 mm) by 30 inch (760 mm) long galvanized proof coil chains.
F. Transom Flap: 2 ply vinyl, color as selected by Architect.
TRACK PORTS AND MEAT RAIL CUTOUTS, IF REQUIRED, SHOULD BE SHOWN ON DRAWINGS.
A. Shop Assembly: Fabricate door components into 1-13/16 inch (46 mm) thick unitized assembly with facings adhesive bonded to core and frame. Adhesive peel strength shall be 60 piw minimum, standard 2 inches per minute at 25 degrees C., Scott tester. Provide horizontal reinforcing at 8 inches (205 mm) o.c. from top to bottom of door, full width of panel. Rigidly connect mount plate, stile and hinge shaft and secure hardware assembly to door with through-rivets at tubing and aluminum or stainless steel screws to stile. Align cam hardware and prepin.
2.5 SOURCE QUALITY CONTROL
A. Fabrication Tolerances: Width and height of each leaf: + 0, -1/8 inch (3 mm).
PART 3 EXECUTION
A. Examine opening in which door will be installed.
B. Coordinate with responsible entity to perform corrective work on unsatisfactory conditions.
C. Commencement of work by installer is acceptance of opening conditions.
A. Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
B. Install door with necessary anchors, hardware and accessories.
1. Drill bottom bearing for hold open pin.
A. Follow manufacturer’s instructions as required to:
1. Clean and lubricate operating parts.
2. Adjust to open and close smoothly and freely without binding.
3. Check seals for proper fit.
A. Clean surfaces soiled by work as recommended by manufacturer.
B. Remove surplus materials and debris from the site.
END OF SECTION